Starlight Season Two is coming up! We’re excited to reopen this space to the community, and welcome anyone interested in organizing programming, performances, or events at Starlight to respond to the request for proposals, which can be found here.
This year’s theme is "season of possibility." Help us show what a space like this could hold if it were made permanent. We will be accepting applications until Sunday, March 21 at 11:59 p.m. Accepted applicants will be notified the week of April 5th.
All applications will be reviewed by the Starlight Square Steering Committee, with a final Spring/Summer season finalized and made available to the public by the end of April. Please see below for criteria for applicants and support provided by the Central Square BID:
What we are looking for in a programming partner:
- Creative, community-focused events and productions
- Experienced organizers and organizations with the the ability to curate a series (not a requirement)
- Programs centering those most impacted by COVID-19
- Programs that help relieve specific burdens due to COVID-19
- Ability to bring volunteers to support safe seating and staffing
- A responsive and respectful individual/team that acknowledges the Starlight has neighbors and is still operating during a pandemic
What do we provide?
- Free use of Starlight Square venue (capacity pending City of Cambridge restrictions)
- Use of A/V package and on-site power*
- Use of on-site internet connection
- On-site staff (ticketing, ushers, and tech support)
- Marketing of the venue
- Maintenance of the venue (sanitizing, cleaning, etc)
- At a minimum, this will include amplification, 2+ mics, basic streaming capability, basic projection We're working with Boston Audio Rentals to confirm an equipment list shortly in the next two weeks.
For more information, view the RFP or email other questions to firstname.lastname@example.org